Tuesday, October 4, 2011

64 Days Post-Op: Because I felt like posting.


I have found myself with 2 hours of time to waste here on campus since my Philosophy class was cancelled, so blogging is naturally what I have chosen to do with some of this precious free time.  Smooth sailing in the surgery recovery portion of my life - it's hard to believe just a few weeks ago, all of my nutrition came from a rubber tube.  The misery accompanying that level of desperate longing and hunger will haunt me for the rest of my life, I'm sure.  I literally remember looking at other people and nearly hating them for their ability to eat solid food and speak clearly.  It was certainly not healthy emotionally or physically.  And while I was feeling so sorry for myself, I also despised seeing other people pity me as if I had some sort of handicap.  Confusing and contradictory, I know.  BUT...thankfully that bleak period of my life was short-lived and, as much as I hated to admit it at the time, totally survivable.

Profile Shots:





There are still times when I look in the mirror and almost don't recognize myself, especially if I've just seen some of the pictures of the former "me" I have hanging up in my room.  I wonder how long it's going to be before I always know what to expect when I see my reflection...

Also - I will probably be uploading a new video blog tonight if I can find time.  My channel is: http://www.youtube.com/purplescheerchic.

As far as the college scene goes, one major thing I'm realizing is just how innocent and non-rebellious I seem to be in comparison to a large percentage of my peers.  My aversion to the idea of partying with drugs and alcohol makes me an anomaly in this environment.  We've recently begun studying the genetics of psychology in Psych 201 as well, which has triggered me to wonder if I'm genetically predisposed to be this way.   Because I've had plenty of opportunities to experiment, but there is absolutely no appeal to any of it from my perspective. I can not for the life of me decipher why having "fun" that you won't even fully remember the next day is such a popular pursuit among college [and high school] students, especially when novelties like Facebook and YouTube can end up making you look like a complete imbecile because of these habits.

On to more non-ranty subjects.  My fantasy football team is sucking majorly this year...as in I haven't won a single matchup so far.  No matter who I have on the bench, that bench always scores more points than my actual lineup...EVERY TIME.  If I didn't know it to be completely absurd, I'd say the gods of football are completely hardcore trolling me on a weekly basis.  But I've decided to look at this season from a positive perspective: having an inconsistent, imperfect team has made me more open and willing to observe and analyze other specific players constantly -- something I never really had to do last year since my team went undefeated until the very end.  This way I'm not complacently confining my observations to my own team, but instead soaking up information and attaining a broader awareness of a large variety of players.
Also, JP Rosenbaum (winner of Ashley's season of Bachelorette) tweeted this morning that his fantasy team has also yet to win a matchup, so I don't feel TOO bad. :)

I can't go without mentioning the book I'm currently reading as well.  It was so graciously lent to me by my mother and it's called Before I Go To Sleep.  Thus far it has been one of those that toys with your mind and challenges you to put the hidden pieces of the puzzle together before the main character does.  So basically it has been keeping me up at night and overall just driving me up the wall.  I'm convinced there are shady details being kept in the dark and if you've read the book, you understand.  If you haven't, I would highly recommend it.  Definitely a page-turner that I have to force myself to put down at night.

One thing I'm going to start adding to these posts is a list of 10 songs I'm currently addicted to, and they may stay relatively the same from post to post since I tend to obsess over certain songs for long periods of time. Haha, so here's my very first "current song addiction" list (in no particular order):

1. "Fight for You"- Jason Derulo
2. "Do It 2 Me" - Allstar Weekend
3. "What Makes You Beautiful" - One Direction
4. Live "Grenade" cover by One Direction (There are many versions on YouTube, but this is the one I have on my iPod: youtu.be/-ucSyZ8IvOo)
5. "Unbroken" - Demi Lovato
6. "Paradise" - Coldplay
7. "Just In Love" - Joe Jonas
8. "Two Shots" - Lil Wayne
9. "Mirror" - Lil Wayne & Bruno Mars
10. "Lovesick Fool" - The Cab

Ten might not even be enough actually, but I'll leave it at that for now.  I'm a sponge when it comes to music; always on the lookout for song/artist/album suggestions from anyone and anywhere.

Guess that's about all I have for now.  More updates soon! Thanks for reading.

Peyton

No comments:

Post a Comment